The courses we offer in the Higher Education sector are accredited by the New South Wales Department of Education and Training. Our vocational qualifications are accredited by VETAB and Nationally Recognised Training qualifications.
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Provider Code: 00246M
National Code: THH60202
CRICOS Course Code: 054424G
Duration: 2 years
To be successful in the largest and fastest-growing industry in the world, a Hospitality Manager needs to be skilled in both hospitality and business. The objective of this course, therefore, is to teach students the skills required to be successful in the hospitality industry and integrate them with contextualised business and management knowledge. Given the far-reaching relevance of customer-focused business skills, this program offers students a scope for career progression that goes well beyond the hospitality industry.
The Advanced Diploma is also designed to prepare students for further study, with articulation to the third year of the La Trobe University Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) also taught at William Blue.
Download a copy of the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management equipment list.
• Introduction to Hospitality Studies
• Kitchen Operations 1
• Kitchen Studies 1
• Food & Beverage Operations 1
• Food & Beverage Studies 1
• OH&S and Hygiene for Hospitality Operations
• Introduction to Business Communication and Management
• Hospitality Information Technology
• Rooms Division Operations
• Introduction to Sales and Marketing
• Introduction to Human Resource Management
• Food and Beverage Operations 2
• Food and Beverage Studies 2
• Introduction to Hospitality Accounting
• Hospitality Operations & Risk Management
• Hospitality Law
• Hospitality Accounting 2
• Strategic Marketing Management
• Business Statistics
• Advanced Human Resource Management
• Event Management
• Accommodation Management
• Work Placement Tutorial
• Industry Placement (900 hours total in a commercial kitchen environment)
Associate Degree in Hospitality Management
Provider Code: 00246M
CRICOS Course Code: 057124F
Duration: 2 years
The two-year Associate Degree is similar to the Advanced Diploma in that it provides students with a broad range of hospitality management skills and knowledge. However, as a higher education program, it does so in a more academic context.
Hospitality Management subjects are introduced earlier in this two-year program and are taught in conjunction with the course’s practical components. Students also complete a practicum and an 800 hour paid Industry Placement, designed to provide direct access to industry expertise and knowledge complementary to classroom learning.
The Associate Degree is also designed to prepare students for further study, with articulation to the third year of the La Trobe University Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) also taught at William Blue.
Australian students enrolling into an Associate Degree are eligible to apply for FEE-HELP.
• Introduction to Hospitality Management
• Hospitality Research and Analysis
• Introduction to Accounting
• Food and Beverage Fundamentals
• Accommodation Management 1
• Introduction to Food & Beverage Management
• Management Accounting
• Information Technology
• Human Resource Management
• Advanced Food & Beverage Management
• Accommodation Management II
• Business Communication
• Principles of Marketing
• Legal Environment
• Quality and Leadership
Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality)
Awarded by La Trobe University
Provider Code: 02218K
CRICOS Course Code: 049997A
Duration: 1 year (with articulation from Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree)
Students achieving a 70% grade average in the William Blue Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, or over 50% in the William Blue Associate Degree in Hospitality Management, can articulate to the third year of the La Trobe University program.
Within one calendar year from entry, the student, on successful completion of the 10 units outlined below, will qualify for the award of Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) as conferred by La Trobe University.
This year of study will build on the student’s high level of practical, operational, management and business knowledge gained in their Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree, and introduce the higher level thinking and critical analysis skills required for the successful strategic development of a contemporary hospitality business.
Australian students enrolling into a Degree are eligible to apply for FEE-HELP.
• Leisure and Tourism Analysis
• Special Topics in Tourism and Hospitality: Risk Management
• Entrepreneurship in the Leisure Sector
• Economics for the Tourism and Leisure Industry
• Tourism Venture Planning
• Strategic Management Leisure Industry
• Government Business Relations
• Hospitality Service Delivery
• Destination Marketing and Management
• Tourism and Leisure Psychology